Need to know a little about my “formal” credentials? Here’s my biography, cv and some of the projects I’ve worked on, places my work has featured, qualifications and anything else I think might be useful!
Delivery of workshops in knitting, crochet, felting, dyeing, screenprinting and textile arts for wide range of organisations including:
- Public and third sector organisations, eg: Manchester Museum, Manchester Art Gallery, Rochdale MBC, Creative Hands, Armley Mills Industrial Museum
- Shops and businesses, eg: Purl City Yarns , Ministry of Craft, Baa Ram Ewe, Spun, Texere Yarns, , The Make It Shop, French Knots Studio, Yarn Barn, Sitting Knitting
- Tutor with the Knitting & Stitching show Learning Curve programme, teaching workshops on beaded knitting, hand embroidery and crochet
- Tutoring workshops on hand-dyeing for spinners, weavers & dyers guilds including: London, Bradford, Eden Valley, Lancs and Lakes, North Cheshire, Bedford, Reading, Hallamshire, Wealden, Gloucestershire
- Weekend and full week Summer School projects for the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers (www.wsd.org.uk ).
- Running screen printing, felting, sewing and needlecraft projects in secondary school, including setting up a successful KS3 after-school knitting group.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Trained practitioner with the Craft Council’s Craft Club project – teaching people to knit at craft events, for example, the Knitting and Stitching Show, the Fashion Show.
- Accredited to offer Arts Award levels Bronze and Silver
- A participant in the Open Badges scheme, set up by the Mozilla Foundation and recognised and supported by many large global institutions and employers
- Assessor for the dyeing modules of the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners & Dyers Certificate of Achievement.
- Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector – PTTLS qualification
- Practitioner: Arts for Health and Wellbeing HE Level 6 (University of Bolton)
- Bronze and Silver Arts Award qualified practitioner and registered Arts Award Centre
- Craft Club trained practitioner (Arts Council)
- Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector – PTTLS qualification – Trafford College
- Association of Taxation Technicians (Institute of Tax) – Tax practitioner
- Joint honours BA Classics 2:ii (Manchester University)
- 4 “A” Levels (Leeds Girls’ High School)
- 10 “O” Levels (Leeds Girls’ High School)